Sunday, September 21, 2008

Should have taken this as a warning...

Averaging about one blog every four months... pathetic. Thanks to all of you who actually come out here looking for some news on what we're up to. Here's a little story that should make you smile...

I picked up a chocolate cake from Woullet's for Eric's birthday. I fought off all snide remarks from my co-workers about not baking one myself and drove home feeling confident that there was more love poured into the beautiful chocolate cake in the box on the passenger seat than I could have ever created in the 10 minute Betty Crocker disaster that otherwise would have occured in my kitchen that night (failing to plan ahead, of course). Needless to say, the cake was delicious and Archer once again showed his love for all things cake.


So, I shouldn't have been too surprised to hear the story that came up while I picked him up from Miss Kendra's this past Friday.


It goes a little something like this.... It was the last day for one of the daycare kids so, as lovely as Kendra is, she decided to make cupcakes. After naptime, Kendra is helping a few of the kids in the bathroom when her 5-year-old son runs into the room screaming something like ... "ARCHER... TABLE... CUPCAKES... AHHHH" Turns out my son had climbed on top of the kitchen table, sat himself squarely down, and helped himself to the cupcakes. His face looked a little similar to the birthday cake picture, except they were vanilla cupcakes and they had finished the cupcakes outside near the sandbox. I now have a pretty good idea of what spackle would look like if it were made of frosting and sand... lovely.


Hoping it won't be another four months until next time. Hope you're all enjoying the end of summer... I love fall, but this weather can last a few more weeks!

No comments: